Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes/Lame Update

Sorry, no pictures this time!

These pancakes were literally so good that we didn't even spare a thought to snapping some photos. The recipe came from Vegan Cooking, and I was a little skeptical at first. I'd never had one--chocolate and banana, in a pancake? What?--but these were so awesome. With a side of hashbrowns and some faux sausages, this made a good dinner, and would make a good breakfast too.

A little backstory: we got the chocolate bar (I chopped it into chunks for the "chips"), Rice Dream brand I think, at Food Fight! in Portland. Nice store! I'd seen it before when Mr. S and I went to the Red and Black Cafe, but hadn't gone inside. So, we made a special side trip after picking up some cases of beer at the Rogue Brewery garage sale. It's pretty relaxing to go inside a store and not have to continually scan labels for non-vegan ingredients.

We also got some Daiya mozzarella cheese. I'm thinking... pizza. Like, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment