Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower Curry Soup


Yesterday, since we had no leftovers from the night before, I whipped up a quick soup for lunch. The creaminess comes from using coconut milk and from sending some of the mixture through a food mill to puree it. Random comments about food mills: I really like mine. No electricity needed, and it works awesome for making perfectly smooth tomato sauce and mashed potatoes.

To make the soup, first roast some veggies! For soup for two, I cut up 1/2 head of cauliflower and 2 medium potatoes into med-size chunks, then placed them on a oiled pizza pan, along with a few large cloves of unpeeled garlic. I roasted them in a 400 F oven for about 30 minutes.

While this was happening, I combined 2 cups of vegetable broth with 1 can of coconut milk and brought it to a simmer, and added maybe 2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder (dry). Once the veggies were done roasting, I roughly chopped them into small pieces and added them to the simmering liquid. I squeezed the garlic out of the skins and added those to the pan, too. After boiling the soup for about 30 minutes, I sent a few cups through the food mill and added it back to the pot. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment