Friday, October 22, 2010

A Vegetable Medley


After a trip to Sauvie Island's Pumpkin Patch, I had some corn on the cob that needed to be eaten, stat! This dinner was sort of a random collection of vegetable-based dishes, but it worked well and was a hearty meal.

My favorite was a hot pasta salad made with orzo. I chopped a few leaves of kale and some asparagus into small pieces, and lightly sauteed them with some olive oil. I tossed them with the orzo, plus some salt, pepper, garlic powder, more olive oil, and a few drops of both balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. It was so good I had it for breakfast the next day!

A baked acorn squash (from the Eugene farmer's market, of all places) drizzled with melted vegan butter and agave nectar made a good side dish, plus I made a quick soup for protein. The soup was yellow split peas and chopped chanterelle mushrooms cooked in veggie broth for about 30 minutes. Simple, but very flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment