Sunday, October 10, 2010

Veggie Burgers and Brownies!


Last night was burger night. Since Vegan Cooking didn't have the proper recipe, I surfed online and found this recipe for mushroom burgers. The recipe was, initially, a total fail. The resulting mixture was much too moist and resulted in a patty that fell apart in the pan and was very gooey inside. Besides, we burnt it a little. Check it out...
So, Mr. S added almost 1/2 C of whole-wheat flour to the mix, which helped astronomically. The patties kept their shape during cooking and the inside wasn't as gooey as the first. Topped with some vegan cheese slices, onion, avocado and lettuce, a delicious burger was born.

A side of sweet potato fries made it awesome, as well.




Making dinner last night involved a little music, too. We rocked out to Journey (here's Pear watching the video for Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)). Best. Song. Ever. From Journey, that is.

We also listened to one of my new favorites.

Because, baby girl, you shock me like an electric eel.

After our burgers, we enjoyed some delicious brownies. Now, I must admit these were not vegan. I found two (somewhat) forgotten eggs in the 'fridge, nearing their expiration date. So, they got made into these. The next time, I'm going to try them with some egg replacer we got yesterday. I did veganize the frosting by using vegan butter and agave nectar instead of honey. Probably some of best frosting I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment